Senior Estimator - Water
Entered: 26 Feb 2020
Our client are one of Ireland’s leading specialist water and wastewater contractors. Specialising in municipal and industrial water & wastewater treatment design, construction & operation.
They are now looking to take on a Senior Estimator to work from their office in Galway. This role would be ideal for someone who has roughly 5 years experience in an Estimating role - preferably within the Water sector.
You will be reporting to the Proposal Manager, the successful candidate must have strong negotiation skills, with the ability to work on multi projects simultaneously, and deliver estimates which reflect current market conditions, whilst adhering to stringent deadlines.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Economics or Building Services a strong advantage.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in estimating / quantity surveying/mechanical engineering within the industrial sector predominately in Water and Wastewater sector.
• Strong knowledge and experience in tender preparation and submission.
• Excellent IT skills required, experience of 3D Cad and MS Excel an advantage.
• Strong commercial awareness with the ability to interpret contract documents from a commercial perspective.
• Liaise with suppliers and collect quotes on materials.
• Schedule time-frame for required labour, equipment, and materials, and sub-contractual arrangements.
• Track actual costs against the estimate and identify possible improvements to processes.
• To work within the tender team to maximise all opportunities to achieve the best net cost estimate.
• Gathering and sourcing pre-project information
• Work in the tender team giving financial input for all programme, temporary works and other associated issues
• Strong opportunity for career development.
Behaviour and Attitude:
• A positive ''can do'' approach, determined to succeed, generates a sense of energy and urgency.
• Builds and maintains excellent relationships.
• Acceptance of responsibility and accountability.
• An exemplar for company values with sound balanced judgement
• Demanding of self and others.
• Recognises own strengths and weaknesses and committed to personal improvement.
If you are interested in speaking further about this role please call Stephen on 0208 861 7847 or apply directly with your CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE