Entered: 04 Mar 2021
Suir Engineering has over 35 years of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (M,E&I) expertise, with a directly employed workforce of more than 1000 people and in the region of €160 million revenue annually – it has offices in Dublin, Waterford, London & Stockholm.
Suir Engineering operates in the following sectors: data centres, energy & utilities, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and renewable energy. Although its primary focus is on the Irish market, Suir Engineering is delivering successful M,E&I projects in Europe.
• Assume a leadership role on site and maintain standards of safety and comply with company Health, Safety and Environmental Management System requirements.
• Ensure any site amenities required are provided.
• Issue all Project documents, drawings, catalogues and handbooks to relevant personnel.
• Ensure the standard specifications for all jobs adhere to the plan.
• Follow and maintain Company standards in accordance with the Company Quality System.
• Attend Toolbox Talks and Weekly Progress Meetings.
• Assist Supervision in the development of the Project Programme.
• Monitor, measure and record productivity efficiency on a daily basis.
• Ensure daily allocation sheets are completed and submitted.
• Complete and submit weekly progress reports.
• Liaise with the Planning Department on hours spent per activity.
• Order and maintain stock/material in line with the company Materials Group Report.
• Manage the return of tools while ensuring they are maintained in good order.
• Ensure that work standards and site rules are adhered to at all times.
• Report any accidents, incidents or near misses immediately.
• Maintain the correct manning levels within your team.
• Keep records of all absence and lateness on site.
• Identify delays via the relevant Progress Change Notice.
• Identify improvements.
• Record and report all extra work via the appropriate method (day-work sheet, SL’s emails, etc).
• Obtain client approval for all additional work prior to executing.
• Liaise with the Client Representative and represent the company standards/ethos at all times.
• Monitor your team’s compliance with the Company’s Health, Safety & Environment procedures.
• Ensure any team disciplinary issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
• Liaise with the HR department on any team-based personnel issues.
• Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
QUALIFACTIONS / SKILLS REQUIRED
· Minimum of 2 year’s experience working within a contracting environment.
· Must hold a valid Trade Certificate.
· Safe Pass.
· Strong safety focus.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills.
· Proven capability in decision making.
· Flexible, committed and work well under pressure.
· PC Skills – MS Word, Excel and Outlook.