Fire Engineer / Fire Officer
Entered: 26 Feb 2020
Based in Limerick, the successful Fire Engineer Fire Officer will work within a specialist team of Architects, Engineers, & Project Managers and will report to the Property Director.
The Role Involves:
- Providing risk management advice.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory rules and legal obligations.
- Reviewing fire orders.
- Drawing up evacuation schemes.
- Arranging fire drills.
- Ensuring the water supply is of sufficient volume and pressure for firefighting.
- Carrying out risk assessments.
- Specifying and identifying the most suitable equipment.
- Monitoring, assess and report on the H&S performance of external contractors.
- Devising and setting-up Emergency plans.
- Liaising with the many and diverse stakeholders.
- Getting buy-in from staff / stakeholders.
- Identifying fire hazards and fire risks and implementing safety measures.
- Implementing and promoting fire safety awareness.
- Designing and implementing best practice solutions for achieving fire safety.
To be considered for the role you must:
Hold a Third Level qualification (min Level 7) in Fire Safety, Mech / Elec Engineering, Health & Safety (or similar technical engineering).
Have more than 3 years relevant fire prevention experience.
Have good working knowledge and understanding of Fire Safety legislation, Fire Safety certificates, Fire Safety regulations and codes of practice.
Be proficient in the English language (spoken, written, technical).
Have strong report-writing skills.
Have strong communications, negotiation and influencing skills.
Be confident and comfortable dealing with diverse stakeholders.
Be capable of multi-tasking, co-ordinating and delivering multi-projects.
Have own reliable transport + Driving Licence + Insurance.
Be available to work in Limerick city, 5-days a week.
Ideally you will:
Have experience in the Public Service (Fire Service, Local Authority, State organisation)
Be a member of a Professional Body for Fire Engineers.
Have experience in the design, construction and operation of buildings.
Have a high level of computer literacy and strong IT skills.
Have facilities management experience.
Attractive long-term contract role with potential to extend and expand.
Excellent career enhancing position with significant development potential.
Salary range from €50,000 up to €65,000 depending on the qualifications, experience and overall suitability.
Expenses: Mileage + expenses paid.
Holidays: Paid annual leave (30 days) + 9 Bank holidays
Location / Base: Limerick city.
Please reply with up to date CV to:
Des Maguire E: email@example.com Tel: +353 1 6390390 Cell: +353 86 8575814
Tech Skills Resources
25 Merrion Square, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Tel: + 353 1 6390390 www.techskills.ie