Group SHEQ Officer - Steel
Entered: 10 Aug 2020
Our client are seeking to hire a talented SHEQ Officer / Advisor to join the team in our UK Operation - based in Kent.
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading organisation which offers collaborative and rewarding working environment with excellent career development prospects.
This role is focused on providing accurate and effective safety, health, environmental and quality (SHEQ) advice to all management and staff and promoting a positive SHEQ culture on site.
Responsibilities will include:
• Drive the SHEQ agenda on the site to meet / exceed best practice for SHEQ management and controls
• Act as the representative in relation to the management systems, ISO9001, ISO14001 & OHSAS18001 to which the Company is accredited. Also accredited to BIM; BS 8902 and BES 6001
• Maintain and control those systems and where required, other such business systems
• Facilitate and manage documentation revision and generation in compliance with good documentation practices
• Promote the benefits of the management systems and champion continual improvement
• Implementing SHEQ policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation
• Engaging with staff, customers and contractors on SHEQ performance on a day to day basis and support the delivery of objectives and targets, continual improvement or making current systems more efficient
• Conducting SHEQ investigations – accidents; incidents; near misses; customer complaints; non-conforming product or materials - providing support to devise corrective actions
• Engaging with colleagues, customers and other external stakeholders, acting as key point of contact
• Execution of a systematic approach to risk assessments / management ensuring appropriate mitigation of risk in line with corporate SHEQ objectives
• Address risk prevention opportunities including hazardous materials exposure, spills, releases, accidents, fires, or other unsafe conditions
The successful candidate will have:
• Minimum of 5 years SHEQ experience in a similar role ideally within the construction supply chain
• A NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally Tech IOSH status, working towards CMIOSH membership and
• Experience with ISO standards – 9001; 14001 and 18001
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
• A strong technical knowledge across relevant SHEQ legislation, compliance and regulations
• Effective leadership and management skills
• Strong focus on results and continuous improvement.
• Actively participate in team-oriented processes influence team engagement and to drive team decision making to conclusions/solutions.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0044208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE