Health & Safety Officer
Entered: 23 Feb 2020
Our client a Tier 1 contractor carrying out a number of commercial building projects throughout Dublin are actively recruiting for a Health & Safety officer to join their team on a project based in Dublin, they have sites based in the City Centre, North Dublin & South Dublin and positions available on each site depending on suitability of the applicant.
Health & Safety Officer Responsibilities include:
- Carrying out safety inspections and producing risk assessments.
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- Complete Safety Induction Training for all new staff on site and maintain documentary evidence of same.
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay.
- Provide relevant accident information for insurance purposes.
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time.
- Ensure that correct PPE is in place at all times by all relevant employees.
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings.
Health & Safety Officer Requirements:
- Relevant Health and Safety Qualification.
- The Health & Safety Officer will have excellent people management skills.
- 3 years working as a Health and Safety Officer on Construction Projects (Building projects)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.