Health & Safety Officer
Entered: 30 Nov 2021
You will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of safety statements, legislation and company policy across the site and that all relevant safety documents are completed and filed correctly. Training will be provided.
- The Safety Officer will provide general support and assistance to the Health & Safety Manager and site managers.
- You will carry out site safety inspections and conduct accident and dangerous occurrence investigations, within your designated area of responsibility
- You will carry out Risk Assessments & complete Method Statements as required.
- You will liaise with Site Manager to ensure Health and Safety documentation is up to date on site
- You will maintain and track the accident and dangerous occurrence register
- You'll drive a safety culture by being a champion of best practice; conducting training for new and existing employees on the importance of health and safety on the job; and by suggesting improvements to existing methods of work
- Qualification in Health and Safety
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role on construction site and gained in Ireland
- You must have excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- You will have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint), and a general competence in using new technologies (Mobile Apps etc)
This position is a fantastic opportunity to work with an established company with long term employment.