Health & Safety Officer
Entered: 09 Aug 2022
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Officer for our client, a leading tier 1 main contractor with various ongoing projects.
The successful Candidate will work on a project in North Dublin, ensuring it meets all legal requirements relating to health, safety, environmental and quality.
Health & Safety Officer Responsibilities include:
- Lead the HSEQ Department on your Projects to ensure HSEQ Management System complies with Statutory and Client requirements.
- Provide general support and assistance to the Health and Safety Manager.
- Control HSEQ audits/Inspections by following up/tracking and reporting on remedial actions.
- Responsible for the coordination and management of PPE, Staff mandatory courses for H&S.
- Liaise closely with the Construction team to coordinate issues relating to the Site e.g., waste disposal, fire safety equipment, site logistics and other compliance testing and audit non-compliances.
- Audit, assess and approve potential new sub-contractors before commencement of works.
- Updating and communication site Emergency Plans
- Organise, participate and provide clerical support around HSEQ meetings and forums.
- Control, maintain and coordinate the induction and training register.
- Coordinate, prepare and deliver project toolboxes, specific training sessions, including training assessments as required.
- Responsible on investigating accidents, incidents, high potential near misses or other significant events/issues.
Health & Safety Officer Requirements include:
- 3rd level qualification in Construction or Health & Safety
- Experience in health & safety on construction sites (2-4 years)
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines and targets
- A full Driving License
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Clodagh on 087 797 8585 for a confidential conversation.