Health an Safety Officer
Entered: 24 Mar 2019
A long established, successful Civil engineering company, based in Co Kildare, working on various projects across Dublin, including Data centers, commercial buildings, pharmaceutical plants and residential builds, carrying out initial civil / infrastructure aspects have an opportunity for a Health and Safety Officer to join their team.
Accommodation + Vehicle + Fuel provided in Dublin!!!!!!
What you’ll need to have:
The successful candidate will have a Health and Safety related degree or diploma, 3 years+ H&S site construction experience, a Health & Safety certification, experience of Site Audits and reporting, familiar with statutory provisions and HSE guidance and excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills.
What you’ll be doing:
With projects based across North & South Dublin and Meath, you will be expected to travel and visit sites of a regular occurrence. Reporting to the Senior H&S Manager, key duties will include:
- Provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees (including sub-contractors where appropriate).
- Advising / assisting site management in drafting and communicating Method Statements, Safe Plans of Action and Tool Box Talks
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Ensure that project specific Health & Safety Plan, including Risk Assessments specific to the project, are drawn up prior to the commencement of work.
- Conduct regular inspections and site audits, and report findings to site and senior company management. Strict follow-up is required to ensure that actions are dealt with immediately.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification is given to the Directors, Health & Safety Authority and Insurers as required.
- Compiling relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
This is a full time Health and Safety opportunity, site based and office based, working on heavy civil projects across Dublin. Salary will be in the region of €40,000 - €50,000 depending upon experience and abilities, along with travel and accommodation allowances.
How to apply:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date CV to Cathal McKeever, or call us now on +44(0)7724790015
The Breagh Team
Breagh Recruitment are the go to specialist construction and engineering recruitment consultants across the UK and Ireland, with an ethos based on flexibility, hard work and a bit of good old common sense. We live within these core values servicing our clients and candidates on a daily basis.
Key roles we recruit for include: Design Engineers, Health & Safety managers, project managers, construction managers, site engineers, quantity surveyors, civil engineers, estimators, buyers, bid managers and site supervisors, across Ireland and the UK.