Health and Safety Advisor
Entered: 05 Apr 2020
The role purpose:
A strategic role with responsibility for ensuring the delivery of HSEQ objectives. The role demands involvement at design and planning stages, working with key project figures to manage health and safety, environmental and quality risks appropriately. Successful Client interface will be a major factor in this important role. The HSEQ Advisor will be a key player in assuring the Client that HSEQ remains firmly on the business agenda.
- Embed HSEQ objectives into the work stream and ensure ownership within operations
- Achieve and maintain the highest standards to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality
- Promote professionalism at all times.
- Support operational and contract management to achieve operational requirements safely and with consideration for health and welfare at all times
- Promote safe, healthy, realistic and achievable working practices at an operational level.
- Ensure that client requests are met in a timely manner
- Ensure all sub contractors are HSEQ compliance and have gone through pre qulaification with follow up on improvement plans if required
- Liaise with operational departments to review HSEQ deliverables and ensure implenmentation
- Weekly/daily HSEQ inspections on operational teams
- Support in developing and delivering the strategic HSE improvement plan
- Support the develpoment of safety behvaioural culture
- Complete the required HSEQ audits in accordance with company standards; Conduct other sitewide HSEQ audits and continuously improve the Site’s HSE management systems
- Assess HSEQ incidents and lead and support HSEQ investigations as required throughout various locations and provide support to close out actions
- Roll out weekly inductions and ensure all training records are provided to the training department.
- Responsible for scheduling and delivering HSEQ training across various sites
- Any other duties, which may be required commensurate with the level of the post
- Interface with Quality team on the client side and ensure timely close out of the QA Plan.
- Contract Management
- HSEQ Manager
- Support Services department (for additional back up)
- Supply Chain Management
- H.S.A/EPA & other Enforcement Agency
- To operate in an open and even handed manner with all personnel across the business.
- Treat others with courtesy and respect.
- To proactively contribute to teamwork and cross-functional working.
- Behaving with integrity and demonstrating professional image at all times.
- To take personal responsibility & accountability for actions
Equalities and Diversity:
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and contribute to a working environment that is considerate and supportive to all.
- Uphold Equal Opportunities policies and practices and ensure its understanding and implementation by any staff that you may supervise.
Skills Required Include:
(knowledge / qualifications / experience)
- Degree qualified / NEBOSH or Similar
- Good knowledge of HSEQ management systems and a strong technical writing ability
- The successful candidate is expected to be able to foster a vibrant HSEQ culture in the various sites which will require excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong background in safety management in the gas industry.
- Open to new challenges and tasks as the role develops and in line with changes across the sites
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE