Health and Safety Lead
Entered: 28 Sept 2023
Our client is a very well established large main contractor. They are heavily involved in the construction of Data Centers which they construct turnkey from “first sod” to commissioning and handover. Projects would range from €50 million to €250 million
They require a senior safety manager for a Hi-Tech project in Frankfurt, Germany.
The package will competitive and in line with market trends and the range indicated in this advertisement is negotiable. More importantly the role offers long term potential with a progressive company.
Your role will be based in Germany with own accommodation provided, all utilities paid, flights home every fortnight and a living allowance provided.
• Supervising teams of safety advisors on multiple project reporting to a Regional Safety Director and H&S Director
• Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System;
• Ensuring that records of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment;
• Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority;
• Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site;
• Serving as Client representative at Site meetings;
• Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for client and Sub-Contractors personnel;
• Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required;
• Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
• Compiling, updating and communication of site Emergency Plans
• Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Officer updated;
• Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated;
• Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
• Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential,
• With 10+ years experience.
• Previous experience managing safety on construction sites.
• Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills.
• Experience in the construction industry.
The company will pay a generous remuneration package for this role with genuine
opportunities for career progression.
Please forward your CV directly through this website or contact Kevin in KCM Recruitment on +353872790484 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in 2004, KCM is owned and managed by construction professionals who recruit solely in the construction sector both in Ireland and internationally. We offer 100% confidentiality to candidates and specialise in finding roles within the construction industry for candidates who are returning from oversees or professionals who are looking at new opportunities in the domestic market.