Health and Safety Officer
Entered: 09 Aug 2022
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Officer on behalf of Our Client, a well-established company, with a diverse project portfolio of small – medium sized building projects including residential and commercial builds.
The Health and Safety Officer will join their team in Galway. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 10+ years’ experience as Health and Safety Officer, working on residential and commercial projects.
Health and Safety Officer Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure H&S management systems are implemented and maintained across the site.
- Prepare H&S documents for tenders and live projects
- Managing the administration for the Health & Safety induction & training plans for all site personnel.
- Regularly review and assisting the update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures and Safety Statement.
- Manage training & compliance files for all colleagues & sub-contractors on site
- Ensure that staff have all the relevant manuals and training certifications
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Statements and Safety Compliance.
- Lead & promote a continuous improvement culture in relation to all health, safety and environmental work practices on the site.
- Identify areas of risk and develop risk assessments/measures to reduce and control.
- Conduct weekly audits, safety inspections and toolbox talks
- Investigate/report accidents and incidents on-site ensuring relevant accident information for insurance purposes.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with project stakeholders
Health and Safety Officer Requirements:
- Relevant third level qualification in Health & Safety and Environmental
- 10+ years’ experience in a Health & Safety role
- Site experience (residential /commercial projects)
- Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork and presentation skills
- Have experience working closely with the HSA to ensure compliance across all projects
- Have experience working with ISO45001 and ISO14001
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Lorcan on 087 920 0905 for a confidential conversation.