Sword Road, Santry, Dublin D09 C8X9
Health and Safety Officer
Entered: 03 June 2023
H&S Officer (Civil)
€60,000 - €80,000 + Package
3D Personnel are actively working alongside one of Irelands leading Civil Contractors. Due to their continued growth, they are actively seeking an experienced Safety Officer to join their South-West based team on a permanent basis working on a large-scale Infrastructure project.
- Promote safe working practices and ensure the implementation of company HSE policy and procedures on site.
- Carry out regular site HSE inspections and report back findings to relevant personnel
- Ensure that the project has been provided with the relevant HSE documentation
- Ensure that HSE project plans meet company standards
- Ensure that HSE issues are discussed at project review meetings.
- Keep and maintain clear records to comply with company internal and external audit standards
- Assist site managers and sub-contractor owners with risk assessments and sub-contractor evaluations and documentation review when requested
- Deliver HSE training where appropriate and as agreed with the Project Manager
- Suggest, communicate and promote initiatives for incident prevention and forward to Project Manager / HSE & Sustainability Manager for consideration
- Support the Project Manager in Incident investigation
- Keep up-to-date on Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Communicate Demonstrate and Promote BAM HSE ethos, values and concepts.
- Become a Role Model for Safe Behaviour
- Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
- Liaising with the relevant legal authorities (i.e. H.S.A, EPA etc.)
- Knowledge of all legal requirements especially in regard to the PSCS role and duties.
- Attend relevant HSE meetings as required
- Level 7 qualification in health and safety
- 3+ years successful postgraduate experience in project HSE management
- Thorough knowledge of ISO: 45001 and ISO: 14001 standards.
- Working towards graduate membership of IOSH.
- Ability to deliver internal health and safety management courses.
- Ability to advise on HSE issues on a day to day basis on site.
- Ability to conduct standard accident/incident investigations.
- Ability to write HSE site reports.
To register your interest in this position, please forward a copy of your latest cv to Sarah or call today to discuss further.