Junior Safety Officer
Entered: 16 May 2022
Townmore shall provide the successful applicants the opportunity to progress within the organisation and develop their competencies in line with the organisations Training & Development Policy.
Safety Officer Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of ISO /OHSAS Management Systems.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and in working within the role of Main Contractor and the Project Supervisor Construction Stage.
- Ability to implement the company's health, safety, quality and environmental policy, procedures, and management systems.
- Ability to undertake the role of COVID-19 Compliance Officer.
- Advising & assisting site management in drafting and communicating. Method Statements & risk Assessments, Safe Plans of Action and Toolbox Talks.
- Ability to communicate with Site Management/ Client / Subcontractors and provide advice, guidance and instruction in all health & safety matters to management, safety representatives and employees.
- Deliver Site Specific Induction programmes for new employees or sub-contractors working on site.
- Undertake scheduled Site Audit Inspections and communicate the results of site inspections to site and senior company management.
- Ensure all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable notification are proactively reported to site and senior company management.
- Ensure that the Townmore behavioural safety programme is enacted on site.
- Hold a relevant health & safety qualification.
- Have experience within the construction industry.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have proficient IT skills including Microsoft Office.