Lead EHS Advisor
Entered: 04 Mar 2021
Suir Engineering has over 35 years of mechanical, electrical and instrumentation (M,E&I) expertise, with a directly employed workforce of more than 1000 people and in the region of €160 million revenue annually – it has offices in Dublin, Waterford, London & Stockholm.
Suir Engineering operates in the following sectors: data centres, energy & utilities, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and renewable energy. Although its primary focus is on the Irish market, Suir Engineering is delivering successful M,E&I projects in Europe.
Overall Role Objective
The Lead EHS Advisor is an integrated part of the Project Team and is responsible for providing specialist advise and support on all matters relating to the Environment, Health, Safety and Welfare of site personnel. The Lead EHS Advisor will become a Subject Matter Expert on Suir’s Integrated Management System and ensure its effective implementation on site.
· Assist the EHS Manager in achieving Suir’s Critical Success Factor 1. ‘To ensure we are fully compliant in all Health, Safety & Workplace Legislation’
· Work effectively with the Project Manager and Construction Team with the implementation of the Integrated Management System
· Ensure the site is adequately set up with a Site-Specific Construction EHS Plan.
· Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all of Suir’s Hight Risk Activities (HRA’s) and ensure that they are identified and effectively controlled on site.
· Assist with the development of Risk Assessment & Method Statements
· Assist with the development of SOP’s and provide training and communication to site personnel.
· Become familiar with and promote the ‘Suir Way’ and its interfaces with Health & Safety.
· Report and Investigate incidents when they occur and ensure root causes are identified, mitigated and communicated.
· Communicate Safety Alerts through Toolbox Talk on a scheduled basis.
· Ensure statutory forms and inspections are complete and recorded in a timely fashion.
· Provide EHS project and documentation support.
· Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested by the EHS Manager, necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the company.
Qualifications / Skills
· Relevant Health and Safety Diploma / Degree.
· 5+ years’ experience in Environmental Health and Safety role.
· Experience in construction industry
· People management experience.
· Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external clients.
· Flexible to change and open to constructive feedback.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Benefits of Working with Suir Engineering
· Competitive salary
· 21 days annual leave
· Employee Pension Option
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Bike-to-Work Scheme
· Free Parking