Safety Officer Germany
Entered: 30 Nov 2021
Our client is an Irish Contractor with multiple projects in Ireland and recently in Mainland Europe.
They are heavily involved in the construction of Data Centers which they build as a complete package from enabling/civil works through structural build, M&E installation, and commissioning to final client handover.
They currently have a safety officer role on one of their large Data Center sites which is CENTRALLY located in Frankfurt Germany.
Apart from a good salary, you will also get accommodation, flights, and a weekly living allowance
You will report to a safety manager on site
• Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System;
• Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment;
• Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident/accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority;
• Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on-site;
• Serving as Client representative at Site Meetings;
• Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for client and Sub-Contractors personnel;
• Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement sand required Method statement are available on-site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required;
• Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
• Compiling, updating and communicating site Emergency Plans
• Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Officer updated;
• Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated;
• Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
You will receive an excellent remuneration package for this role and opportunities for progression
• Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential,
• With 3+ years of experience.
• Previous experience managing safety on site.
• Excellent communication, leadership, training, and presentation skills.
• Experience in the construction industry.
Please forward your CV directly through this website or contact Kevin on 0035314586006/00353872790484 or email email@example.com
Established in 2004, KCM is owned and managed by construction professionals who recruit solely in the construction sector both in Ireland and internationally. We offer 100% confidentiality to candidates and specialise in finding roles within the construction industry for candidates who are returning from oversees or professionals who are looking at new opportunities in the domestic market.