Safety Officer Limerick
Entered: 19 May 2019
Our client is a top 10 main Contractor involved in a number of high profile projects both on the east and west of the country.
They require a safety officer to report to a safety manger based out of Limerick covering both Limerick and the Mid-west region.
• Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System;
• Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment;
• Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority;
• Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site;
• Serving as Client representative at Site meetings;
• Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for client and Sub-Contractors personnel;
• Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement sand required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required;
• Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
• Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
• Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Officer updated;
• Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated;
• Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File.
• Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential,
• With 2 years experience.
• Previous experience managing safety on site.
• Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills.
• Experience in the construction industry.
The company will pay a basic salary with transport and offer genuine opportunities for career progression.
Please forward your CV directly through this website or contact Kevin on 0872790484/014586006