Job search form Show / Hide
Job detail view & apply
Safety Officer Top 5 main contractor
Entered: 20 Nov 2018
Entered: 20 Nov 2018
Salary: 50 - 60K
Our client is a top 5 main Contractor involved in a number of high profile projects both on Dublin and nationwide.
They require a safety officer to report to a company safety manger on a multi-million euro mixed use development in Dublin.
• Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System;
• Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment;
• Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority;
• Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site;
• Serving as Client representative at Site meetings;
• Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for client and Sub-Contractors personnel;
• Ensuring sub-contractor safety statement sand required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required;
• Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
• Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
• Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Officer updated;
• Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated;
• Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
• Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential,
• With 4+ years experience.
• Previous experience managing safety on site.
• Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills.
• Experience in the construction industry.
The company will pay a generous remuneration package for this role with genuine opportunities for career progression.
Please forward your CV directly to email@example.com or contact Kevin on 0872790484/014586006
Apply using your CV: