Senior HSEQT Advisor
Entered: 27 Nov 2022
O’Neill & Brennan are currently recruiting for a Senior EHS Officer on behalf of our client.
The successful Senior EHS Officer will join their team in Dublin area. This role will involve assisting the site teams and managers by recognising hazards and seeking to minimise risks, ensuring high standards of HSEQT are attained and continually improved and to ensure all HSEQT legal obligations are met.
Senior HSEQT Advisor Responsibilities include:
- To support the delivery of the HSEQT strategy and to assist in achieving continuous improvement in HSEQT performance across all parts of the company.
- To provide assurance to the HSEQT Manager by means of appropriate monitoring and intervention, that operations fulfil its obligations under HSEQT legislation.
- Development of the HSEQT Management system, in line with OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001), ISO 9001 and ISO 14001.
- Oversee, monitor and evaluate the operation of HSEQT performance across the region, working with senior management as appropriate.
- Completion of Construction Stage Plans, Pre-Qualification & Tender Documents, Emergency Response Plans etc.
- Approval, monitoring and reviewing of all sub-contractor works.
- Writing risk assessments and method statements.
- Site audits & inspections including external audits for 18001, 14001 & 9001.
- Assisting with Occupational Health issues.
- Training – undertaking internal training including inductions, toolbox talks etc.
- Ensuring records of incidents are maintained and investigations undertaken to establish the root causes and that controls are in place to avoid a reoccurrence.
- Monitor working hours to avoid exceeding the relevant legislation and internal policy.
Senior HSEQT Advisor Skills & Experience required:
- NEBOSH general certificate or equivalent.
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
- Extensive experience within a civil engineering or telecommunications environment.
- Effective communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to work to and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office packages.
- A passion for Health, Safety, Environment & Quality.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Clodagh on 087 797 8585 for a confidential conversation.