Senior Safety Advisor
Entered: 29 Sept 2023
** Environmental Health & Safety Lead
** Long term project.
** €75K - €85K basic (DOE) + package.
My Client require an Environmental Health & Safety Lead for a new project. The person filling this role will provide visible health and safety leadership and direction to the project and be part of the health and safety team to implement business decisions by being a provider of guidance.
This role will suit a proactive project focused individual that is adept at understanding the needs of the team. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal/presentation skills and a proven ability to present information to different audiences at the project and business unit levels. You will be "THE" ambassador for Health and Safety and the project.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Acting as Health and Safety advisor in own area, to keep the project abreast of new developments and apply professional standards to ensure best practice.
- Maintaining core areas of expertise and imparting knowledge to aid the development, training and mentoring of others.
- Applying tools and techniques, defining local strategies and methods to initiate and/or implement change to improve business Health and Safety performance.
- Providing Health and Safety advice to company managers and project managers to assist them in achieving business objectives.
- Maintaining awareness of business implications of own activities to improve the quality of technical or business recommendations.
- Creating, developing and maintaining a range of internal/external relationships to maximise impact of expertise and knowledge to influence the quality of decision making.
- Advising on and interpret project contractual and statutory requirements and obligations to protect the project’s integrity.
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with customers, partners and suppliers to assist the achievement of business targets.
- Overseeing Health Safety and Welfare management system development, implementation and audit. Health Safety and Welfare performance monitoring and measurement.
- Overseeing the Health Safety and Welfare risk management, Health Safety and Welfare incident reporting and investigation.
- Providing Health Safety and Welfare leadership, credibility, delivering through others and building lasting relationships.
- Overseeing Health Safety and Welfare standards and evaluation of compliance.
- Managing Health Safety and Welfare emergency preparedness and response.
- Providing strategic Health Safety and Welfare risk management
You the candidate:-
- Hold a relevant 3rd level qualification in Health & Safety (Minimum Diploma)
- Ideally have 5 - 8 years’ experience in a similar position
- A genuine passion for H&S matters, with a record of making measurable improvements to operational practices
- Experience in developing and implementing behavioural and Health & Safety Management Systems
- Experience in conducting audits, investigations & root cause analysis
- Thorough knowledge of Irish H&S legislation and ability to efficiently manage all health and safety issues on site
- Ability to work and communicate confidently and effectively with both senior management within company, as well as external clients and contractors
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong decision-making expertise, and the ability to engage and influence employees and senior management
- Ability to lead a safety team, use own initiative and be self-motivated
- Experience with the ISO 45001 standard and management system
- Issue and develop performance reports to the Head of Health & Safety
- As part of the management leadership team, you will be expected to lead by example and be a subject matter expert in relation to health and safety matters
For more info on this position, other roles or for a general chat on the current market give me a call on 086 1841361 or have a look on www.3dpersonnel.com