Mechanical Project Engineer – Cork
Entered: 07 Aug 2020
Mechanical Project Engineer required for a large Irish Mechanical contractor. This is a permanent role with this client working on a large pharmaceutical project in the Cork area. The role is based on site in Cork, and will be based around the mechanical piping sector.
Previous pharmaceutical experience required.
- To support the engineering requirements through managing & Liaising with Key Project Stakeholders (Client design team, Main contractor, Suppliers, Sub-contractors, etc).
- Familiarisation of Design/IFC specifications and drawings to fully understand the scope of the Project works.
- Overseeing the Co-ordination process to transform design information into full installation drawings by BIM personnel ensuring spec compliance and as per schedule priority.
- Assessment of Sub-contract and Supplier Tender returns for Technical compliance with design intent specifications.
- Familiarisation with the Project schedule and ensuring Engineering activities do not impact on same (e.g. Procurement, etc).
- Management of the technical submittal, approvals
- Management of the material procurement utilising Engineering Materials Report (EMR) by producing material take offs identifying the lead in periods and field need rates
- Ensure Works are installed in accordance with Project specifications and to the Project QA plan (for e.g. pre-agreed benchmarking).
- Management of Sub-contractors and ensuring adequate information flow to ensure works progress in line with the Project Schedule and Weekly Meeting logged.
- Evaluate and promote the use of new engineering practices and processes to enhance delivery time of the project.
- Preparation and agreeing project completion criteria and close out documents.
- Preparing Sub-contract and Supplier Tender Packages in conjunction with Project QS.
- Manage the Work packs process from development, implementation and handover
- Manage BIM priorities i.e. isometrics generation and release
- 2.5+ years’ experience working with a recognised Mechanical/Electrical contractor in process mechanical / pipework
- Excellent organizational and project planning skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficient in use of Navisworks and Database systems related to Engineering functions
- Familiar with Project /Primavera planning software and CAD/BIM process
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Knowledge of modularisation (Off-Site fabrication)
For more information on this role please contact Darren O'Keeffe on 085 866 5682 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org