Head of Construction Solar Energy
Entered: 11 Apr 2021
Our client is an international green energy producer with an initial focus on PV solar who own and operate a diverse portfolio of PV solar parks internationally with a European operational headquarters based in West Dublin. They are currently seeking a Head of/Vice President of construction.
The Head of / Vice President of Construction provides leadership, vision, and direction for multiple aspects of construction, including Project Management, Contracts, Field Operations, Equipment, Environmental Compliance, and Safety.
You must provide technical oversight for all company projects. Responsible for helping the company to achieve financial goals and objectives while increasing operating performance and developing short- and long-term strategic plans and pursuits.
Responsible for promoting a team-oriented approach. This person must fully participate in all aspects of managing the company including business planning, budget preparation and forecasting, capital investments, corporate policies and procedures, and solving internal or external issues as they arise.
• Manages multiple projects, project management staff, and external EPC contractors
• Review and analysis technical due diligence reports as part of the project acquisition process
• Coordinates with third-party developers for projects at ready to build stage
• Coordinate with third party representative for project quality and financial compliance
• Actively participates in project review and acceptance, from a constructability view
• Evaluates and manages risk throughout the construction process
• Responsible for EPC contract reviews and EPC contract management
• Implements timelines and critical path scheduling for initial project start-up.
• Works closely with EPCs to review all subcontractor and material bids.
• Works with CEO and CFO to prepare budgets and analyze financial reports.
• Develops and manages highly productive relationships and partnerships for the benefit of the organization.
• Set goals, monitor work and evaluate results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs and vision of the organization.
A dynamic individual with the ability to guide, direct, and coordinate the work of multiple activities at the same time. Excellent organizational skills, ability to plan projects and jobs, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Additional required skills/abilities include:
• Excellent communication, organization, time-management, and leadership skills.
• Diplomatic and motivational skills, including the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology organizations.
• Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
• Effective team-building skills with technical and non-technical staff.
• Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Ability to efficiently troubleshoot problems that come up during projects.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to influence and spur change and to facilitate and enhance performance within a cross-functional environment.
• Exceptional planner and experienced in developing budgets.
• Extremely detailed oriented and an analytical thinker.
Education and Experience:
• Must have 10+ years of experience in the area of construction management across multiple countries, with a minimum of five years in renewable energy preferably solar.
• Proven success in project management, estimating, negotiations, planning, construction engineering, budget development, and strategic planning.
• Experience with multiple contracting methods including Design-Build, T&M, Firm Fixed Price, Negotiated, etc.
• Possess strong analytical and conflict management skills and the ability to troubleshoot and solve issues.
Please apply for this position to Kevin Clair through this website or email email@example.com or call 0035314586006/00353872790484
Your recruiter has 20 years’ experience in construction recruitment and will fully respect your right to confidentiality. The salary for the role will be progressive and in line with the seniority of the role.