Contracts Manager Limerick / Midwest
Entered: 05 Dec 2023
An international Tier One Building and Civil Engineering Contractor with a wide-ranging portfolio in Ireland, the UK, Europe, and the Middle East. Their focus includes Retail, Pharmaceutical, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure, Hi-Tec/Life Science, Residential, Healthcare, Education, and Hospitality.
Manage two to three medium sized (€10M - €30M) construction contracts effectively. Oversee project finances and ensure adherence to project standards and safety policies. Collaborate with Project Managers, QSs, prepare project plans, and manages subcontract procurement schedules. Monitor site progress, handle commercial aspects, and maintain compliance with contractual obligations.
- Management of onsite resources
- Financial Management and Compliance: Develop budgets, manage expenses, and ensure strict compliance with contract terms and quality standards.
- Procurement and Scheduling: Coordinate procurement, negotiate agreements, and create project schedules with timelines and milestones.
- Safety and Risk Management: Enforce safety regulations, establish a secure work environment, and identify and mitigate risks during construction and design phases.
- Documentation and Information: Implement the Project Execution Plan , manage information flow, and maintain project schedules for smooth execution.
- Contractual Communication and Client Relations: Handle all contractual communication, protect the company's position, and maintain positive client relationships post-construction.
- CVR Reporting and Team Management: Prepare Cost-Value Reconciliation (CVR) reports, oversee QS and SM activities, and lead project teams, ensuring health and safety compliance.
- Defect Resolution: Oversee defect remediation to achieve high-quality project standards and obtain the Certificate of Making Good Defects.
- Degree in a Construction-related field.
- 5+years' experience or a record of managing 2-3 projects across industry sectors.
- Proficiency in managing contracts, including knowledge of Design and Build JCT and NEC3 contracts, as well as familiarity with BREEAM/LEED standards.
- Experience in end-to-end program management, including analytical and methodical skills.
- Strong commercial acumen and awareness of financial aspects of construction projects.
- Capable in team building, leadership, and people management skills.
- Proficient in the use of construction software, tools, and strong IT skills.
- Relevant training in health and safety, planning, and other related areas
- Competitive Salary €90,000 +
- Company Vehicle/Car Allowance.
- Generous contributory pension.
- Health & Life Insurance.
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Professional membership and subscription fees covered.
- Five-plus weeks annual leave not including bank/public holidays.
- Established in 2004, Alpine Recruitment Group is a dedicated recruitment solutions business with offices in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- We offer our services in permanent, temporary, contract and executive recruitment.
- We are the partner of choice for leading main contractors, developers, and consultants in Ireland & overseas.
- Our team of consultants with industry backgrounds treat career-seeking candidates with the same high service as our clients.
- We aim to develop authentic business partnerships that extend past the initial recruitment process.