Entered: 22 Feb 2024
Our client is a Main Contractor with multiple projects in Mainland Europe. They are heavily involved in the construction of Data Centers which they build as a complete package from enabling/civil works through structural build, M&E installation, and commissioning to final client handover.
Info on the role:
They are involved in the construction of Data Centers and require a Senior CSA (Civil, Structural, Architectural) Engineer to add to their project team on a new build Data Center in Frankfurt.
The project is one of several DC’s under construction by the same company on the same campus so support will be given by an existing on campus senior management team from a CSA, M&E and commercial perspective.
No previous DC experience is required as experienced subcontractors have been procured and a experienced construction team in place from previous projects.
Profile of a suitable candidate:
• You will come from a main Contracting background with experience in delivering projects in excess of 40 million plus.
• As above no DC experience is required however experience on large commercial, hospital. Industrial/pharma projects would be required.
• A particular interest of in working in Europe is also important and must tie in with your own personal circumstances.
• The role would suit a “hands on” professional who is delivery focused but also has the ability to motivate their staff and deal with client representatives in a professional manner.
• Responsible for the management, monitoring, co-ordination and delivery of engineering functions.
• Responsible for the effective control and flow of all technical information required on the project.
• Integrate and challenge design and technical proposals and problem-solve to achieve optimal solutions.
• Mentor the engineering team on the project to assist the team to develop their technical skills.
• Establish and maintain procedures with, consultants, client and subcontractors for information flow, approvals (RFI & Submittals), meetings, and reporting.
• Participate, conduct construction document reviews and examine all documents for constructability, coordination, and execution. Bring all concerns to the attention of the design team/Project Director for resolution using RFI process.
• Manage CSA subcontractor’s submittal and RFI submission from development to approval by the design team.
Salary in EURO on the tax system in your country of deployment, apartment with all utilities paid, 2 flights home per month with a living allowance provided to cover daily expenses – salary shown is an indication only and is dependent on your experience.
• Third level Degree in Construction
• 10yrs plus experience
• Experience with Large Main Contractors
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your CV in confidence through this website or directly Kevin on +353872790484 or through the KCM Website and LinkedIn profile.
Established in 2004, KCM is owned and managed by construction professionals who recruit solely in the construction and engineering sector both in Ireland and internationally. We offer 100% confidentiality to candidates and specialise in finding roles within the construction industry for candidates who are returning from oversees as well as candidates within the domestic market.