Electrical Project Manager - Consultancy
Entered: 18 Apr 2019
Our client are providing an array of Project Management services in the Data Centre sector and require a PM Team who are driven to deliver a high level of service. To be based in Sweden.
The Project Manager (Electrical) will be part of a client team but will have a particular focus for the interface between equipment vendors and the other parties on the project. They will work with the Client’s procurement team throughout the following phases to support the team during the tendering, manufacturing, factory witness testing, delivery, installation and commissioning of a range of client supplied equipment packages for a major data centre project. The typical Equipment involved in data centre construction are Generators, MV Switchgear, LV Switchgear. BAS, EPMS, AHUs, UPS).
Role and Responsibilities
The Project Manager (Electrical) reports to the Senior Project Manager for the project supporting the strategic and tactical delivery of the data centre project.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Liaison between the project specific Senior Project Manager, the General Contractor Package Managers, the Architect Engineer and the various equipment vendor project managers
• Ensure coordination between packages occurs under the guidance of the GC
• Ensuring regular meetings and communication happens between all parties
• Ensuring the Package Managers provide all required information to the vendors on a weekly basis
• Ensure the vendors supply all necessary information and submittals, not least resource loaded schedules for the installation and commission of their equipment to match the overall project
• In collaboration with the GC and client procurement teams, expedite and perceived delays with package delivery
• Ensure Factory Witness tests are supported as required by the client, that the vendor and the GC has prepared for these tests and that the GC reports upon the tests
• Ensure follow up on actions arising from the tests are closed and any remedial works required before delivery to site schedule
• Keep an accurate log of delays to schedule delivery
• Liaise with the vendors on site and monitor their performance in terms of schedule and quality during the installation phase
• Manage the change control process relating to any changes required of the vendors packages
• Liaise with vendors, CXA, GC and Client staff to resolve and close any issues arising during the commissioning phase, which will be led by the CXA.
Desired Experience and Education
• The Intermediate Project Manager will have a minimum of 5 years PM experience with experience working on mission critical projects and have a detailed understanding of Electrical equipment and the handover / commissioning process for those
• Major building experience; Data Centre experience is desired
• The person should be a strong team player
• The ideal candidate will be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful with excellent client relationship skills
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE