Mechanical Project Manager
Entered: 28 Sept 2023
Our client is a very well established large main contractor with numerous diverse projects. They are heavily involved in the construction of Data Centers and require a Mechanical Project Manager to add to their project team on a new build Data Center in Dublin
You will come preferably from a Main Contracting background, with substantial experience in delivering multi-disciplinary projects.
Data Center experience is not required for the right individual but experience at a senior level with a main contractor is essential along with a project delivery mind set.
• Analysing, tracking and effectively managing critical milestone activities to avoid schedule slip.
• Reviewing construction proposals and related pricing & scopes.
• Management of all costs associated with Mechanical SOW including:
- • Contracting Mechanical Team
- • Sub-contractors
- • Material deliveries and goods receipting.
- • Plant and Equipment
- • Variations
- • Valuations
• Planning day to day site operations in conjunction with package managers.
• Management of sub-contractor activities including tracking progress against schedule and manpower levels.
• Supporting the management of "In Progress" snagging system ensuring that the supervisors return weekly punch lists where applicable. Ensure all snags are distributed to all Sub-contractors
• Issue direct labour hours and sub-contractor hours to time administrator for tracking centrally.
• Attendance at Site Meetings, Internal Project Reviews, Engineering Reviews, Planning and Co-ordination Meetings and Handover Meetings
• Close out of all project items including Final Account, O & M Manuals, Punch List, Safety File, QA File, Material and Plant re-locations, Project Plan – all with the support of the site project manager
• Issue internal weekly progress report rolled up from project supervisors report.
• Track all material deliveries to correspond with the project schedule.
• Hold weekly commercial meetings with the commercial team to ensure all variations are being captured and costs issued to the client
• Supporting the management of Site Safety in conjunction with the Mechanical Package Manager and safety advisors
• Driving a focused Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental culture within your team.
• Develop and implement company procedures with the package managers
• Ensure change management is handled correctly (Cost & Programme).
• Previous experience in Mechanical Project Management. Ability to effectively drive programs whilst controlling scope, schedule and budget.
• Proven record of coordinating and managing large installation projects, with relevant experience in data centre delivery.
• Strong knowledge of mechanical design and build, for data centre environment.
• Good technical knowledge of Mechanical systems.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
The salary, overall package and bonuses on offer for this role will be commensurate both with current market conditions and the experience of the candidate.
To apply for this role, you can forward your CV through this jobs board or reach out to your recruiter Kevin Clair from KCM recruitment on Linkedin or call Kevin on 00353872790484.
Your recruiter has 20 years of recruitment experience and is conscious of the importance of confidentiality in this industry.
Established in 2004, KCM is owned and managed by construction professionals who recruit solely in the construction sector both in Ireland and internationally. We offer 100% confidentiality to candidates and specialise in finding roles within the construction industry for candidates who are returning from oversees or professionals who are looking at new opportunities in the domestic market.