Project Manager – Co. Cork
Entered: 18 Feb 2020
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Project Manager for a leading manufacturing company based in Fermoy, Co. Cork. The group project manager is responsible for taking assigned projects from design through to commissioning and handover. They will be the driving force who ensures projects are executed safely, delivered on time, within budget and to specification. They will be responsible for multiple projects running simultaneously across several sites in Ireland and Scotland.
- Develop project performance and engineering specifications and identify key deliverables from all the parties involved including plant managers, engineers and supervisors; finance; and senior management.
- Ensure specifications for projects adhere to local, regional, national and European (as appropriate) codes, rules, regulations, applicable laws, planning and environmental conditions
- Develop project budgets and timelines.
- Where practical, ensure common specification of mechanical and electrical equipment and components across all Glennon Brothers sites.
- Ensure specifications, budgets and timelines are incorporated into contracts.
- Support bidding of projects and selection of contractors.
- Manage execution of projects to above specifications.
- Manage all contractors engaged on projects and lead contractor coordination.
- Close out projects to ensure performance guarantees are met, agreed documentation is in place and formalise handover to production.
- Assist in maintaining safe job sites and always be alert for safety issues and adherence to safety policies.
- Manage unforeseen events during project implementation by developing timely solutions
- Manage multiple projects at multiple locations and at different phases of the project life cycle
- Analyse completed projects and assess performance against budget and targets to identify areas to be addressed and improved.
- May be assigned on a project by project basis
Key performance indicators for this role will be agreed annually with the job holder and may consist of some or all of the following:
- Zero accidents
- Zero environmental non-compliances
- Project deliverables
- Project completion deadlines
- Project budgets
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experienced working with and leading small, flexible project management teams.
- Ability to multitask and working in a high paced environment.
- Accurately update budgets and make cost projections necessary to complete projects.
- Prioritize deliverables and assignments to meet deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct efficient and effective meetings.
- Mechanical Engineering Level 8 degree or higher. Other engineering and science disciplines will be considered depending on practical experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a project management role leading multi-discipline (civil, structural, mechanical, electrical) teams on projects to the value of at least €10m.
- Heavy industry project experience in areas such as mechanical handling, material transport, energy generation, industrial drying, packaging.
- Experience with AutoCAD, MS Project, MS Office essential.
- Qualifications in areas such as construction safety, project management, and building services.
- Experience with PSDP and PSCS requirements
For more on this role, contact Owen Twomey on 085 866 9484 or 021 206 6078 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org