Entered: 04 Mar 2024
Job Title: Project Manager
Reporting to: Senior Contract Manager
Our Client is recruiting an experienced Project Manager to lead and be accountable for management of projects in the building end of one of Ireland’s leading Civil Engineering Main Contractors.
The candidate will be responsibility for the commercial and technical elements. The project manager, will ensure that the scope of works is delivered in a safe manner, on time, to the required quality standards, meeting the acceptance criteria and achieving the expected financial outcomes.
- Ensure works are planned, managed and delivered in a safe, controlled and environmentally sustainable manner.
- Build and Lead the project team – organising the project team to deliver the scope of works
- To be fully accountable for the delivery of the project, ensuring it is completed safely, on time, in accordance with the contract requirements and to the agreed budget.
- Ensure the project requirements are identified, understood and delivered.
- Identify issues and ensure they are resolved in a controlled and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and relationships with the Client and other project stakeholders
- To ensure contract programmes are developed, reviewed and updated in accordance with the contract requirements
- Ensure appropriate project controls are developed, implemented and updated regularly.
- Lead the development of a detailed cost forecast for the project, ensuring it is reviewed and updated regularly.
- 10 years’ experience working in the Building industry in Ireland.
- Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- Experience in building fit out works
- Appropriate safety training and qualification for the nature of the works (e.g. IOSHH).
- Experience in project management of an building project.
- Technical knowledge appropriate to the nature of works.
- Awareness of the administration of construction contracts.
- Client and stakeholder management.
- Management of a project team.
- Experience in developing and maintaining forecasts and budgets.
- Awareness of the use and interpretation of project controls to review the status of a project.
- Working knowledge of planning & programming.
- Commercial and contractual awareness
If you would like more information on this role or a confidential chat please get in touch at email@example.com / 086 0441172.