Dublin 2. D02 YW24
Senior Project Manager High Rise
Entered: 22 Feb 2024
Reporting to: Construction Director
The role of Senior Project Manager will form part of the Construction team based in Dublin. The role will involve close interaction with the development team, consultants, and the real estate operations team. This will be key a role in ensuring that we meet our challenging construction targets and is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated and ambitious project manager.
To be an efficient employer’s representative and proactive senior project manager, supporting the Construction Director, and being an integral part of the Quintain Construction team.
- Take responsibility and leadership of the overall project planning, project accounting and control, technical direction and quality compliance, and design and construction of specified projects from inception through to closure.
- To be accountable for day-to-day delivery of those projects within the set parameters of time, quality, cost, and risk.
- Work proactively with other members of the Quintain team to ensure that a unified approach is presented to external consultants and contractors.
- To nurture and maintain strong relationships with our supply chain partners.
- To provide robust technical and cost advice to assist our development managers, as necessary.
- To stay appraised of the latest construction technologies and changes in legislation to ensure our developments are future proofed.
- In respect of the specified construction projects, to manage, and be the single point of contact between, the client body, external stakeholders and the design and construction teams.
- To allocate resources appropriately, motivate others, maintain a cordial relationship with all stakeholders, and communicate effectively.
- To pay due regard to the formalisation of all relevant matters such as the recording of meetings, the execution of consultant appointments and building contracts, through to full and effective project handover.
- Set, update and review and amend project programme to monitor and control progress.
- Responsibility for implementing and compliance to SHE policies and procedures including carrying out regular inspections.
- Ensure project risks are identified and managed through effective mitigation measures and maintain the risk register.
- To assist the Construction Director in any dispute resolution where necessary.
- To take responsibility for the delivery of specified matters for the common good of the Quintain Project Management team.
- To regularly provide adequately reports on the allocated projects in a clear, concise, and transparent manner.
Qualifications and Experience
- Project Management or Construction degree with a relevant professional qualification (e.g., RICS, APM, MCIOB). Or alternatively be able to demonstrate qualification by relevant experience.
- Fully conversant with and experience of the Irish/UK construction market obtained either from a contractor or developer.
- Knowledge of Contract Law and JCT Standard Forms of Building Contract would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of the project life cycle from feasibility/planning right through to construction completion and project review.
- Hands on experience of management of construction projects and working in a fast-paced environment managing multiple live development projects.
- Self-motivated, hardworking, and enthusiastic with the ability to work independently on own initiative, but willingness to take direction and guidance from Head of Construction when required.
- Intermediate/advanced IT skills including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Knowledge and experience of Asta Powerproject would be preferable (but not essential).
- Hands on experience of management of construction projects and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and technical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to challenge.
- The ability to lead by example and set a positive culture which embraces the implementation and compliance with SHE policy and procedures.
- Ability to manage direct reports and contractors in a collaborative style to achieve project deliverables.
- Understanding of the importance of programming and planning for delivery of the development.
- Reporting on progress using information from programme drop line and an understanding this may have on the overall project critical path.