Buyer / Purchasing Manager
Entered: 24 Jan 2021
Buyer / Purchasing Manager | Dublin (North/M50) | €Neg + Package
Our client is one of the larger contractors, headquartered in North Dublin, just off the M50.
Role and responsibilities:
- Sourcing of materials, plant, equipment, and services and managing vendors including negotiating pricing contracts with each material supplier.
- Manage material supplier contracts (SLA’s) that achieve cost, delivery, quality, and service targets as required by the business. Meet suppliers, as necessary.
- Ensure that all materials follow specifications, health, and safety legislation, building regulations and environmental standards.
- Research and identification of new materials & suppliers for design and cost savings and develop and implement purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
- Ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of supply and delivery times.
- Forecast upcoming demand, monitor pricing trends, and advise and report to the management team as appropriate.
- Maintain procurement files and purchase agreements to an auditable standard.
- Liaise with Estimating Department personnel in providing up to date materials suppliers costs information.
- Issuing of Plant and Purchasing reports to Directors and Contracts Managers.
- Proven purchasing experience in construction 7+ years.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to communicate with suppliers.
- Strong commercial, negotiation, and problem-solving skills; experience in handling transactions with little supervision.
- Relevant third level qualifications or IIPMM or similar.
Email: Barry Kelly, email@example.com