Entered: 21 Oct 2021
The Purchasing Manager must be self-motivated, energetic and capable of operating on his/her own initiative. To this end he/she must be able to multitask and efficiently manage his/her own time to meet the demands of the position. They must constantly source the correct product at the right price in an ever changing market place, ever mindful of changes to building regulations and standards as well as keeping abreast of innovations and trends within the industry and amongst the Company’s competitors.
The Purchasing Manager will primary representative of the Company in its dealings with suppliers, as such he/she will be required to present a professional image at all times. The fostering of good relationships, in the best interest of the Company, will be an important and significant part of the role.
The Purchasing Manager will effectively manage the company’s Sage software system, to contribute to, and help improve on all aspects of administration and cost control.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of the Duties and Responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager:
· Process materials requisitions from all sites and monitor all such requisitions to ensure that the correct product is being ordered, in the right quantity and in keeping with the contract / job specification.
· Programme delivery of materials etc. in accordance with the set building programme, mindful of lead – in times, special orders etc.
· Define and set out clear and effective procedures for the requisitioning of materials to ensure efficiency and ensure that all such procedures are strictly adhered to by all sites.
· Define and set out clear and effective procedures for the monitoring and to that end, minimisation of wastage of materials on all sites and in all of the company’s operations.
· Define and set out clear and effective procedures for the hiring and off hiring of plant to ensure efficiency and ensure that all such procedures are strictly adhered to by all sites.
· Process all invoices to ensure that the details (quantities, prices and calculations) are correct. Take all necessary corrective action to ensure that discrepancies are resolved (generate credit notes). Code all invoices in accordance with the current Contract Costing system, ensuring that all invoices passed through to accounts are error free and are charged to the correct job.
· Be an integral part of the QS department generally in fulfilling that function and more specifically in the pricing of tenders through the sourcing of products, materials and subcontractors and the obtaining of competitive quotations for same.
· Devise and manage servicing schedules for all plant to ensure maximum efficiency and longevity of Machinery. Liaise with Contracts Manager (Ray Andrews) when programming servicing of machinery and Liaise with Health & Safety Manager (Seamus Andrews) to ensure that all plant & equipment is in good working order in accordance with Health & Safety legislation.
Reporting to: Company Directors.
· Attend weekly meeting with Managing Director, Financial Controller and Managing Surveyor to discuss operation of the system and issues that need to be addressed.
· Prepare & submit on a monthly basis a formal written report on prices tendered / quotations from suppliers to the Managing Director / Managing Surveyor. Adopt a formal procedure whereby significant purchases and standing orders are only placed with the full approval of the Directors.
This role is currently vacant (immediate start).
Salary: Negotiable & commensurate with experience.