Estimator - Main Contractor - Galway
Entered: 08 Aug 2020
Our client is one of Ireland's leading Civil & Building Contractors with operations throughout the country. They now seek a Quantity Surveyor to join them on a permanent basis in the Galway.
This role would be ideal for someone who has roughly 3-5 years experience in an Estimating role - preferably within Main Contracting.
You will be reporting to the Estimating Manager, the successful candidate must have strong negotiation skills, with the ability to work on multi projects simultaneously, and deliver estimates which reflect current market conditions, whilst adhering to stringent deadlines.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Degree qualification within Construction
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Quantity Surveying within Build / Main Contractor Environment
• Strong knowledge and experience in tender preparation and submission.
• Excellent IT skills required, experience of 3D Cad and MS Excel an advantage.
• Strong commercial awareness with the ability to interpret contract documents from a commercial perspective.
• Liaise with suppliers and collect quotes on materials.
• Schedule time-frame for required labour, equipment, and materials, and sub-contractual arrangements.
• Track actual costs against the estimate and identify possible improvements to processes.
• To work within the tender team to maximise all opportunities to achieve the best net cost estimate.
• Gathering and sourcing pre-project information
• Work in the tender team giving financial input for all programme, temporary works and other associated issues
• Strong opportunity for career development.
Behaviour and Attitude:
• A positive ''can do'' approach, determined to succeed, generates a sense of energy and urgency.
• Builds and maintains excellent relationships.
• Acceptance of responsibility and accountability.
• An exemplar for company values with sound balanced judgement
• Demanding of self and others.
• Recognises own strengths and weaknesses and committed to personal improvement.
If you are interested in speaking further about this role please call Stephen on 0208 861 7847 or apply directly with your CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE