Junior / Intermediate QS - Kilkenny
Entered: 08 Dec 2019
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a developing team, you will be exposed to all aspects of Quantity Surveying by carrying out functions related to both PQS and CQS disciplines. You will gain first-hand experience by working closely with senior management and be supported in your journey towards Chartership.
Brief Responsibilities include:
• Aid in preparation of Tender Documents for both Public and Private Procurement.
• Measurement / Take off for Cost Estimates, BOQ production and Quant checks.
• Aid in Estimating by preparing enquiries for Sub-contractors & Suppliers to ensure accurate quotations are received within specified time frames. Then to carry out cost analyses on quotations received.
• To follow through on procurement for the Main Contractor by negotiating contracts with Sub-contractors & Suppliers.
• Preparation of cost reports and cash flow forecasts.
• Post Contract Cost Control, Reporting and Final Account agreement for Public/Private projects and on behalf of Main Contractors.
• 2-5 years Quantity Surveying experience
• A degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics
• Good knowledge of construction
• Displays thorough understating of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office, Buildsoft and Cost X
• Self-starter with an ability to organise the workday around assigned activities and priorities with minimum supervision. Must be highly flexible with high level commitment to success
If this position is of interest to you, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.