Junior QS - North Co Dublin - Main contractor
Entered: 28 Feb 2020
Our client is part of a large international main contracting business involved in both build and civil constructions.
Junior QS reporting and working closely with a senior quantity on project in Dublin airport.
The successful candidate will be mentored closely by senior management so plenty of support will be provided in the role.
• Dealing with Sub-Contractors
• Cost Control
• Preparing measures and works packages for procurement and valuation purposes
• Negotiating and purchasing of Sub-Contractors and suppliers.
• Closely monitor and process project variations
• Prepare reports including cost reports and cash flow forecasts
• Issuing tender queries and preparation of tender reports
• Preparing progress applications and cost reports
• Ensure contract documents and their revisions are effectively managed
• Ensure effective records are kept of the works as they progress
• Monitor project costs against budgets, identify problems/opportunities and recommend /implement change where necessary.
• 3rd level Qualification in Quantity Surveying / Construction economics
• Preferably 1 years experience but no post qualification experience required for a candidate with the right attitude.
• A proven track record of quantity surveying
• Strong operational skills and an attention to detail
• Have gained good experience working on building projects in Ireland / UK.
• Good presentation skills
• Good computer skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward your CV in confidence through this website or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org contact Kevin on 0872790484/01 4586006 or emial email@example.com. Your recruiter has 20 years experience in construction recruitment.
Established in 2004, KCM is owned and managed by construction professionals who recruit solely in the construction and engineering sector both in Ireland and internationally. We offer 100% confidentiality to candidates and specialise in finding roles within the construction industry for candidates who are returning from oversees as well as candidates within the domestic market.