Junior Quantity Surveyor
Entered: 17 Feb 2020
Initially the role will be based in East Cork.
Excellent opportunity for a candidate who is looking to progress to Associate Membership of SCSI.
Reporting to the Senior Quantity Surveyor, duties of the role will include:
- Assisting Senior QS with all site duties
- Managing Sub-Contractor accounts.
- Sending out enquiries to Sub-Contractors and assessing them.
- Record all daily activities, relevant information and occurrences in your site diary
- Record and report on work progress including that of subcontractors to your manager
- Listen to and learn from more experienced site personnel - if in doubt, ask.
- Pursue, proactively your own development and training. (i.e. complete the work-based development programme in a timely manner)
- Conduct your work in a safe manner – correct and report those who do not
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with all personnel.
- Maximise efficiency day to day with good self-management, accuracy in own work, elimination of re-work
- Follow directions and attend meetings as required
The successful applicants will have the following:
- Degree in Quantity Surveying coming from a strong construction background
- A minimum of 2 years’ in a Quantity Surveyor role
- Main contractor, subcontractor, surveying firm or similar preferred
- Good understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental regulations
- Proficient in measuring from Drawings using Cubitt or similar.
- Excellent eye for detail
- Take ownership of duties
- Strong communicator
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office, Project, PowerPoint etc.
- You will enjoy working with a committed, enthusiastic and experienced team guided by a highly experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor who will provide you with support & development throughout the project.
The contractor is a long standing & reputable main contractors that is committed to providing the successful candidate with excellent career progression opportunities in addition to on-going professional development.
If you are interested in this position then please submit your CV below or call Anthony on 087 331 0124