M&E Quantity Surveyor – Cork
Entered: 04 Apr 2020
Euro Executive Recruitment has been retained to recruit an experienced M&E quantity surveyor for a role in Cork. The role requires exposure to pharmaceutical projects, and based in Cork.
4-6 years’ experience required.
- To provide support to Construction Team on all Quantity Surveying functions including, but not limited to the following:
- Ensure compliance with contract obligations and provide advice and monitoring of same to construction team
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to management.
- Compile monthly progress applications and ensure they are inclusive of accurate remeasure, site variations, day works or claims
- Procurement – operational procurement activity and contract support, in conjunction with the Procurement Department
- Manage subcontractor accounts from initial award to interim valuation, variations and final account.
- Managing and forecasting of turnover and cash flow of the projects
- Reviewing and commercial management of all projects, to ensure accurate and reliable reporting
- Identify, Analyse and report on trends within the Business & Projects
- Provide Data and analysis of issues & risks as required by Management.
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting
- Ensure compliance with Contract Programme /Schedule and provide weekly reports to construction team on planned versus actual progress
- Review all incoming correspondence from Employers, Design Team and /or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies
- To ensure Construction Team is adhering to all Contractual Requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same
- Ensure reporting is in line with Group Policies & highlight exceptions to Management
- Degree qualified in either Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience in either Quantity Surveying roles in a Construction/Engineering business
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management
- Good Level of legal awareness and competence in assessing Contract Documents and contract requirements
- Risk Awareness, and management
- M&E exposure, pharmaceutical sector advantageous.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good oral & written communication skills
For more information on this role, please contact Ian Murphy on 085 866 6878 or email your CV in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org