Mechanical Quantity Surveyor
Entered: 09 July 2020
The company is looking for a Mechanical Quantity Surveyor to work alongside their team on a number of large projects in the pharmaceutical, industrial and data center sector. The successful candidate will report to the Commercial Director.
* Prepare and conduct cost plans, tender documentation, feasibility studies and pre-tender estimates.
* Provide advice on overall procurement and contract strategies and implement them
* Attend client, site and design team meetings throughout the life of each project and actively contribute at these meetings
* Produce interim financial forecasts and reports and prepare detailed financial statements
* Actively maintain records so contract notices are appropriately issued
* Actively carry out the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes, including:
* Preparing cost reports and discussing them with the clients project manager prior to submission.
* Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors.
* Monitor and report the progress of works on a project against planned progress
* Agreeing scheme final accounts
* 3rd level Qualification in Quantity Surveying / Construction economics
* A strong technical background in contracting is essential for this role
* A proven track record of quantity surveying fundamentals is essential
* Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering and Munster region
* Have gained a minimum of 3-5+ years' experience working as a Mechanical Quantity Surveyor in the UK, Mainland Europe or Ireland
* Good presentation and general management skills
* The ability to multi-task and take an overview on a large number of projects at any time.
JOB - 36020 INDHP
If you are interested in this role, please click apply or contact Ciaran 0877713484 /
Established in 2005, Building Staff Solutions (BSS) are one of Ireland's leading outsourced solutions provider and recruitment specialists. We provide managed solutions within the construction and industrial sectors as well as temporary and permanent recruitment solutions for a variety of industries, providing qualified staff for short-term + permanent placements. BSS have a proven expertise in Construction, Industrial, Financial Services, Accountancy + Finance, Administrative Support and Sales