Quantity Surveyor - Kildare and surrounds - Datacenter
Entered: 17 Feb 2020
Our client is an international main contractor with annual turnover extending into billions.
They require a quantity surveyor for long term datacenter projects on the Dublin/Kildare border.
Senior QS reporting to a Surveying Director on a large datacentre projects.
The position would very much suit a QS travelling in from Carlow , Kildare, Wicklow, Midlands or living in Lucan/Leixlip. It will offer a consistent work location for at least 4 years on the one site and potentially longer.
The company is also expanding, and the role would offer strong career prospects both domestically and internationally if desired
The scope of the role is to include the civils and envelope aspects of the build i.e. the civil structural and architectural aspects albeit you can also experience some of the M&E aspect if desired.
The company invests in training/education for its employees and strives for a fair work life balance.
• Interpret contract and ensure the best interest of the project is protected
• Identifying and pricing of all variations as and when they occur
• Managing and forecasting the cash flow of the project
• Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting
• Keep detailed records of all correspondence to be easily retrieved when required.
• Manage procurement process
• Ensure Construction Team is adhering to all Contractual Requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same
• Represent the company’s interest at all project meetings.
The role would suit a candidate coming from a Civils or building background with experience with main contractor. Might also suit a candidate from the professional side who wants to gain experience with a contractor or on datacenters.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role i
• Degree in Quantity Surveying / Construction Management
• Contractually and commercially astute.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
The salary , overall package and bonuses on offer for this role will be commensurate both with current market conditions and the experience of the candidate.
To apply for this role you can forward your CV through this jobs board or contact Kevin Clair on 01 4586006/0872790484
Your recruiter has 20 years recruitment experience and is conscious of the importance of confidentiality in this industry.
Established in 2004, KCM is owned and managed by construction professionals who recruit solely in the construction and engineering sector both in Ireland and internationally. We offer 100% confidentiality to candidates and specialise in finding roles within the construction industry for candidates who are returning from oversees as well as candidates within the domestic market.