Quantity Surveyor – Carpentry & Joinery Specialist
Entered: 19 May 2019
Our Client is one of Ireland's foremost Complete Project, Carpentry, Facade & Joinery Specialist Team. Since 2004 our client have been Delivering and Project Managing well known and prominent project builds all across the country, from initial to Inhouse Planning And Design team to their Snag Free Installation & Handover team. This huge range of high end projects has put them in pole position across the country - being the premium supplier for all Carpentry, Facade and Joinery projects.
Background of the role:
Quantity surveyor is tasked with ensuring value for money while also adhering to clearly defined standards and quality specified both by building regulations and by the company.
Reporting to the Directors you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing tender enquiry information, preparation and submission of tenders
- Comparing tender and construction documents, advising of any changes and preparation of valuation for submission to contractor
- Submit monthly progress valuations to contractors
- Prepare project budgets, monitor costs and advise of any potential issues
- Estimate quantity and costs of materials
- Preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts
- Prepare standard documentation with regards to valuations, letters and financial reports
- 5+years’ experience
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials , pricing and industry
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
- Able to analyse problems and strategize for better solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Representing the Company’s interest with all external parties
Advantageous to have knowledge of
- Furniture packages
Position – Full-Time, Permanent
Salary - Negotiable depending on experience
If you are interested in this role and have any queries in relation to it, then please contact Jim Walsh on 0860042205 or firstname.lastname@example.org.