Quantity Surveyor - Facades
Entered: 20 Feb 2020
Our client is a specialist contractor to the Construction Industry who are based out of their head office in Swords, Dublin.
They currently have a vacancy for a Quantity Surveyor to join their Commercial team on a full time, permanent basis.
- Implement cost control system
- Prepare monthly cost reports for current projects.
- Review contractual arrangements between GLF and Main Contractors / Clients
- Prepare and submit interim payment applications for on-going projects
- Prepare and submit change orders and variations to on-going projects
- Attend site to review progress and agree monthly valuations with M.C. Quantity Surveyors
- Negotiate and agree final accounts with Main Contractors / Clients
- Where necessary, prepare extension of time claims and any other contractual claims
- In co-operation with the Contracts Manager appoint installation sub-contractors and other key sub-contractors
- Assess sub-contractor payment applications and certify payments
- Pre-tender and post-tender discussions with clients and professional teams
- Resolve contractual issues with Clients, Design Teams, Main Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Attend project meetings and identify potential variations and revenue-generating opportunities
- Assist Estimating with detailed measurement and take-offs where necessary
- Third-level qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Good working knowledge of contracts – Government Public Works, RIAI and JCT
- Knowledge & experience of curtain walling / specialist contracting / main contracting
- Enthusiasm and drive
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE