Quantity Surveyor Maynooth
Entered: 21 Mar 2019
This role will report to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and offers an opportunity to work on exciting residential developments.
• Financial management of overall project.
• Measurement of building elements & preparation of Bills of Quantities/Schedule of Rates.
• Preparing tender documents and analysing tender returns for sub-contractors and suppliers.
• Tender reporting and recommendations.
• Preparing sub contract documents and control of contract documents.
• Carrying out monthly valuations for works on site, managing sub contract payments & liabilities, completing monthly cost reports for budget v actual.
• Coding of costs to a specific job.
• Tracking and monitoring of preliminary costs.
• Recording, reporting and management of projects risks, variations and cost overruns. Projected overall effect of any overruns.
• Completion of project close out documentation including final account resolution and agreement for all trade packages.
• Attend project meetings, provide commercial and cost advice as required.
• Contract compliance and management of variations and claims notification procedures.
• Assist Senior QS and Contracts Manager as needed.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must have strong measurement and take off skills.
• Must have strong knowledge of building detail and construction technology.
• Proven negotiating ability.
• Strong IT skills, specifically in excel,
• Ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines.
• Ability to work as part of a team essential.
• BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
• Minimum 3-4 years’ experience with a developer or a residential construction company.
• Experience of managing building contracts.
• Strong organisation skills to ensure clear and concise reports are maintained throughout assignment.
Please apply with cv in confidence to email@example.com or call gerry on 087 2790360 to discuss