Entered: 08 Aug 2020
Our client is seeking an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join its team and work in their head office in Portlaoise, Co. Laois. The successful candidate will report directly to the Commercial Director.
Primary Responsibilities of the Role:
• To work in conjunction with the Commercial Director on all projects assigned to them in the capacity as a Quantity Surveyor.
• BOQ and trade package production. Measuring in accordance with ARM.
• Remeasures and value engineering exercises.
• Obtaining quotations from sub-contractors and suppliers.
• Procurement of works packages for project.
• Identify price and agree project variations efficiently.
• Compiling, comparing and negotiating contract price with sub-contractors.
• Checking sub-contractor Invoices and certifying payments to sub-contractors.
• Preparation, submission and agreement of progress claims.
• Preparation of cost reports and cost management on individual projects.
• Attending Site Meetings and co-ordination with Architects and Design Teams.
• Preparing and negotiating final accounts.
• Promote good working relationships with all those associated with the company.
• To Conform to the requirements of the QEHS Management System. In order to achieve this on a continual basis, Awareness Sessions/Toolbox Talks will be carried out to ensure the QEHS Management Systems has been adhered to.
Skills and Qualifications
• Qualified Quantity Surveyor; [BSc Quantity Surveying/Construction Economics]
• Chartered or working towards - MSCSI / RICS.
• Have experience in both private practice and contractors background.
• Ideally worked previously with a leading construction company.
• Knowledge of All Relevant Construction Contracts.
• Knowledge of current procurement procedures.
• Experience in Buildsoft, CostX and Microsoft office programmes.
• Experience in measurement and BOQ / Trade package production.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0044208 861 7847.