Quantity Surveyor - RC Frame
Entered: 08 Aug 2020
Our client are a well respected RC Frame and Structural Contractor looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join them on a permanent basis on a flagship project, the role is based out of Avonmouth, Bristol.
Candidate profile + Project Information:
• 7+ years’ experience as a QS, RC frame or heavy civils exp an advantage.
• Accommodation allowance applicable so relocation not a problem. 20 minutes from Bristol Airport.
• Site based in Avonmouth, for construction of large two to three storey structures.
• The RC Frames will form part of the inflow / outflow of water.
• They will be barged and submerged onto the seabed when constructed.
• Our client are just responsible for the concrete frames, with production based in Avonmouth.
• Similar to working on a large RC Frame project but the end product is then “shipped”.
Role & Responsbilities:
- Providing commercial support to Design and Contract Staff;- Preparing valuations for interim application for payment including variations;- Preparing, negotiating and agreeing final accounts and contra charges;
- Preparing sub-contract enquiries and order documentation;
- Re-measurement of Bills of Quantities;
- Preparing cost budgets and prices for contract variations;
- Preparing subcontract valuation and payment certificates;
- Monitoring costs to ensure budgets are met;
- Preparation of contract claims information;
- Evaluating/selecting subcontract tenders;
- Checking material sizes and quantities for procurement;
- Setting up and maintaining contract files
· Ability to manage and effectively monitor sub-contractors
· Have excellent communication – both oral and written, numeric and computer skills
· You will have previous rc frame or groundworks experience
This position will suit an accomplished Quantity Surveyor keen to progress their career and skills with a successful contractor. They have many exciting projects to work on in the future and a healthy forward book of some high profile projects.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE