Senior Quantity Surveyor (Client Side)
Entered: 06 Dec 2021
You will work client side over seeing the work of the appointed main contractor.
Your duties will include:
- Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required and labour involved
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involves liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Main Contractor Representatives to support the activities and maintain positive relations on behalf of the company
- Representative of the company at all relevant site and other meetings
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or any relevant subject
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with proven track record
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good financial and numeracy management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- A clear understanding of building regulations and guidelines
- Candidate must be self motivated with a strong work ethic and drive to succeed
Please apply with your CV or for more information contact Bobby on 087916 0169.
Not the right job for you? Feel free to send your CV, get in touch to discuss our other open or upcoming vacancies or suggest a colleague for the position as we have an attractive referral policy.