Senior Site Engineer / Site Agent
Entered: 24 Aug 2019
Having been in business for over 30 years with experience in the successful delivery of infrastructural projects in Ireland, specialising in the innovative execution of complex Irish Civil Engineering projects, including:
- Road Schemes
- Major Earthworks & Drainage Projects
- Flood Defence & Marine works
- Bridgeworks (including in-situ concrete, precast beams, steel girders and trusses and a range of specialist methods)
- Piling (including Bearing Piles, Sheet Piling and Cofferdams)
- Railway Lines & Stations
- Motorway Maintenance & Traffic Management
What you’ll need to have:
The Senior Civil Engineer role would suit an experienced, self-reliant, delivery orientated individual, with a relevant degree, BSc, BEng or MEng degree in Civil Engineering, 5 / 7 years’ hands on operational experience managing a range of civil engineering projects, who has excellent interpersonal and computer literacy skills.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to and working closley with the Construction Manager, driving the project through to successful completion, on time, within budget and to the highest standards as required.
- You will be responsible for and proficient in organising, planning and delivery of civil engineering projects of varying sizes.
- You will liaise with the Construction Manager on day-to-day project control and co-ordination of resources and the recording & measuring of works in progress
- You will liaise with the Site Foreman in the organisation of the Workforce, the requisitioning of plant and materials items and in managing the productivity and costs of plant and equipment on site
- You will have a detailed understanding of Health and safety requirements within Irish construction sites, and you will promote the implementation of the Safety Management System and maintaining site records in accordance with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 requirements
- You will be responsible for managing key elements of the project plan and scheduling and planning the weekly and daily workforce program deliverables.
- You will be responsible for coordinating the workforce (direct and sub-contractor) and all other resources required in order to implement the execution of the project plan
- You will be responsible for Setting out and checking works as required for the project
- You will be responsible for Scheduling material requisitions as required in accordance with the programme
- You will be responsible for taking site measurement and formation record levels
- You will be responsible for ensuring the maintenance of drawing register and ensuring proper distribution of all drawings, preparing as-built drawings and records.
- You will provide clear leadership and direction to the workforce while maintaining a professional manner
- You will maintain a daily Site Diary and Allocation sheet detailing resource levels for all works activities and keeping accurate records
- You will be responsible for the quality of the construction deliverables, as well as creating and/or assessing quality standards
- You will be responsible for inputting to the monthly project measures and your sites cost control and efficiency.
An excellent package will be put in place for the successful candidate, with a basic salary of €55,000 - €60,000 (Neg) + Package, (Vehicle + Fuel card) depending on experience.
How to apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date CV to Cathal McKeever, or call us now on +44(0)7724790015
The Breagh Team
Breagh Recruitment are the go to specialist construction and engineering recruitment consultants across the UK and Ireland, with an ethos based on flexibility, hard work and a bit of good old common sense. We live within these core values servicing our clients and candidates on a daily basis.
Key roles we recruit for include: Health & Safety managers, project managers, construction managers, site engineers, quantity surveyors, civil engineers, site agents, estimators, buyers, bid managers and site supervisors, across Ireland and the UK.