Entered: 06 July 2022
Project- Large-scale Housing Development in Cork
- Permanent position
A leading contractor within the Irish construction industry are seeking a Junior Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. The Junior Engineer ensures that the required site engineering and technical duties are carried out as per the instruction of the senior engineer. The position is based on a large-scale Housing Development in Cork.
This company have honed their skills and experience over 6 decades within the industry and will provide you with the opportunity to be a part of prestigious developments. They deliver projects across the Commercial, Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Hotel, Residential, Sport, Education and Healthcare sectors. This company acknowledges their success is based on the quality of their staff and how they look after them. They have a culture of personal development and promotion, offering comprehensive training and development for all staff. They always aim to internally develop and promote their staff.
Role responsibilities include:
- Review of the design and associated programme of works in conjunction with the Senior Engineer
- Review with the Senior Engineer taking note of ongoing changes to the plan and be able to react to these changes timely
- Liaise with the Senior Engineer to ensure that the construction team has all the required information to construct the Works
- Upload weekly RFI (Request for Information) Schedules
- Take responsibility for providing the required setting out and dimensional control on site.
- Ensure robust checking system is in place to continually monitor and provide required assurance on setting out.
- Carry out inspections of the works.
- Ensure all contractors comply with the required quality control on site
For this role, you will need:
- A construction related degree, ideally in Engineering or Construction Management
- Proven understanding of design drawings and maintaining drawing registers
- The ability to multitask and prioritise the workload
- A demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in the delivery of projects
How to apply:
Call Nicola on 087 621 0726, email email@example.com or apply confidentially with your CV today.
If this role isn't for you, get up to €1,000 by referring a friend for a new construction opportunity. Contact us for more information.