Entered: 20 Jan 2019
Our client are looking for a Project Engineer to join them on a full-time permanent basis in Limerick, with long term work in the area guaranteed.
Reporting to the Engineering & Services Manager, the Project Engineer will have responsibility for the site supervision activities in relation to engineering works for the delivery of the capital investment programme and his/her duties will include:
• Dealing with contractual matters on site related to civil, mechanical and electrical works;
• Liaising with Stakeholders;
• Assessing Contractor claims and writing reports on same;
• Verifying Contractor payment applications against work completed
• Assessing Contractor performance against Contractual KPIs
• Assessing Contractor submissions including method statements and preparation of clear comments on these
• Reviewing Contractor design submissions against Employers’ requirements and preparation of clear comments
• Supervising works, keeping records, measuring, managing correspondence and contractual documentation
• Proposing suitable changes to design to improve saving, ease construction programme, enhance specification and quality of completion
• Managing project risk and project Health and Safety
• Co-ordinating and liaising with contracts manager, Site Engineers and services Co-ordinator to ensure that all subcontractors and site personnel have timely and accurate information, ensure compliance with drawings, specification, building regulations and good building practice
• Applying a sound commercial mindset to all aspects of the role
• Monitoring quality of workmanship and materials of construction projects
• Planning, maintaining and controlling financial administration of all construction work, maintaining maximum cost effectiveness
• Overseeing the day to day engineering maintenance of facilities, buildings and structures
• Other duties as may be assigned by the Engineering & Services Manager
• Degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent professional qualification in Engineering;
• Satisfactory knowledge of civil engineering works, building construction, and project management;
• At least 8 years satisfactory post graduate experience of which at least 3 years was in on-site supervision, contract administration and project management of civil engineering works
• Experience in the construction of port related projects, marine-related construction or similar works
• Capable of writing clear and concise reports and keeping works records;
• Proficiency in the use of computers in relation to document handling and production of reports
• Strong working knowledge of construction contracts;
• Attention to detail and ability to comply with Quality Assurance Management Systems is essential
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages such as Excel and Word
• Experienced in the use of project management software packages and AutoCad/equivalent.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Experience in managing the construction of major port/ marine/ road/ rail/ storage infrastructure through to successful commissioning.
• Experience in the assessment of tender variation claims, contractor submissions and payment applications.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Excellent coordination and organisational skills.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE