Entered: 22 Mar 2019
Our client are a globally recognised Main Contractor who are looking for various staff for projects in Europe. They require a Design Manager on a permanent basis in Sweden.
The Design Manager is for a Data Centre project in Sweden. Experience of BIM 40 is a desireable bonus.
Key Requirements & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Contracts Manager the ideal candidate will have:
- Construction qualification and background
- Design/Construction on site experience
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Provide a platform for good communication and coordination between Architects, Structural Engineers and
Service Engineers who all work direct for Collen on the project
- Ensure any Design development is communicated with Collen CM and QS from a financial aspect,
- Have good commercial and contractual awareness
- Hold and Lead workshop meetings with specialist Sub-Contractor
- Coordinate and track the submittal and approval process of Designs and materials ensuring Client Rep sign off
- Look at risk/design problems by finding solutions with our Design Team before they materialize.
- Develop look ahead plans
- Plan and co-ordinate with site PM and SM making sure all parties are aligned
- Have good planning and programme skills
- Should have a good all-round knowledge of the construction industry across all disciplines including technical
aspects of design and construction details etc.
- Should have a good understanding of building regulations BCAR, TGD, environmental - health and Safety
- Attend Site Meetings and report on progress
- Good negotiating and presentation skills
The client will offer a competitive salary and relocation package for the duration of the project, with further works to follow in Europe or the UK/Ireland.
If you are interested in this role please send a CV to Stephen.Walsh@icdsuk.com or Call Stephen on 0208 861 7847.
NO CV'S ARE SENT TO CLIENTS WITHOUT PRIOR CONSULTATION AND PERMISSION TO DO SO FROM THE CANDIDATE