Electrical Design Engineer
Entered: 02 Aug 2021
Euro Executive Recruitment are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to join our client, based in either of their three Munster based operations in Cork, Kerry or Limerick. This is a permanent role with our client who are a leading Utilities Contractor with a large scope of projects across Munster and the Country. The successful candidate will work on a variety of projects including windfarms, sub- stations and other power led works.
This position requires that an individual be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment, as well as possess excellent problem solving skills, superior organisational and communication skills and the highest level of discretion and professionalism.
- Primary Substation Design Layouts
- Design of Substation Configuration and Switching Arrangement
- Busbar System Calculations, Thermal & Mechanical Loading
- Secondary design including, Control & Protection System Design, Interlocking
- Auxiliary AC & DC System Sizing and Specification
- Cable Scheduling
- Short Circuit Analysis, Load Flow and System Losses
- Protection Setting Determination
- Lightning Protection, Protective Shielding, Earthing Design
- HV Cable Rating Calculation and System Design, losses calculations, Load Flow Studies, Short Circuit studies
- Specialist Technical Reports
- Substation Plant Specifications
- Engineering from Pre-feasibility to Project Completion
- Technical Due Diligence
- Application for Connections to TSO/DSO
- Preparation of Employers Requirements
- Witness of Factory & Site Acceptance Testing
- Interface Engineering with TSO/DSO
- Bid preparation & Procurement.
- A primary degree in Electrical Engineering is not a pre-requisite but is desirable.
- 2+ years similar experience is desirable.
- Previous experience with Solar / Wind Energy / Airfield works is an advantage.
- Strong IT skills with Microsoft Office packages, including diagnostic skills, and familiarity with Eplan, Power Factor or similar is preferred.
For more information please contact Darren O’Keeffe on 085 866 5682 or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org