Accounts and Finance Manager
Entered: 09 Feb 2023
Our client is a long-established specialist construction sub-contracting enterprise who work for top tier main contractors in Ireland.
They require an account/finance manager to be based permanently at their main office which is located near Dublin airport in North Dublin.
You will work directly with the company owner with responsibilities including overseeing end to end finance operations, financial planning and analysis, balance sheet reconciliation, looking to make improvements to procedures and controls while also overseeing and ensuring the smooth running of all general day to day book keeping functions.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Prepare and post monthly accruals, prepayments and similar accounting entries.
• Overseeing and managing general day to day bookkeeping tasks.
• Budgeting and forecasting.
• Leading the analysis of monthly and quarterly numbers and presenting findings to the board.
• Managing an end-to-end process of current systems – while acting as the first point of contact for external auditors / accountants.
• Dealing with working capital management and production of cash flow forecasts.
• Oversee Payroll, VAT and Revenue processes.
• Preparation of invoices and cashflow management up and down stream.
• Day to day credit control and bank reconciliation
• Full management of sub-contractor accounting processes and dealing with internal and external queries.
• Preparation of weekly and monthly reporting
• Project reconciliation including supplier costs and retention tracking up and downstream.
Skills / Competencies
• Strong technical accounting knowledge
• Excel and modelling
• Ability to delegate and manage the work of others
• Fully/Part qualified accountant would be an advantage (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
• Experience within a construction environment would be an advantage
• Working to strict and tight deadlines
• The company will pay a generous remuneration package for this role with genuine opportunities for career progression. The package will be made up of a salary in accordance with your experience, car allowance, bonuses, pension and other benefits.
Please forward your CV directly through this website or contact Kevin at email@example.com or call 0872790484
Established in 2004, KCM is owned and managed by construction professionals who recruit solely in the construction sector both in Ireland and internationally. We offer 100% confidentiality to candidates and specialise in finding roles within the construction industry for candidates who are returning from oversees or professionals who are looking at new opportunities in the domestic market.