|Control Systems Engineer
An internationally recognised industry leader in Equipment System Integration and System Support is seeking a Control Systems Engineer to join its team. This company works in the Pharma, Medical Device, Healthcare and Food and Beverage Sectors with clients who require high level expertise in industrial IT integration and regulatory compliance. This is a forward thinking and innovative company who have worked to address a skills shortage in manufacturing by developing a new Masters programme in Mechatronics at the University of Limerick, which is the first of its kind in Europe.
This is a permanent position offering the opportunity to work on client tailored programmes working within the medical devices and healthcare industries in the Limerick region. Continued professional development is supported through on-going training and educational courses. It is an excellent opportunity advance your career working on leading technologies and systems. Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- As Control Systems Engineer your role will be the development, commissioning and support of automation and control systems. You will be responsible for automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing and start-up assistance. You will maintain, develop, troubleshoot and validate these systems in a compliant manner.
- Main Responsibilities:
- Acquire a detailed understanding of all of the different automation systems (distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers, SCADA systems)
- Ability to interact with the customers on technical requirements
- Ability to deliver technical solutions
- Ability to assess existing technologies and process
- Ability to design robust solutions.
- Investigate and provide technical advice and support to manufacturing and other engineering disciplines on automation related issues.
- Operate according to SOP’s developed for site engineering and maintenance.
- Partner with different disciplines to deliver automation projects in accordance with GAMP guidelines.
- Generate documentation and SOP’s associated with each of the Automation systems as required.
- Implementation of code changes under change control.
- Manage the specification, development, installation and validation of automation projects within budget and corporate guidelines.
- Support operations with technical queries.
- B.Sc. degree in Engineering or equivalent, with particular emphasis in electrical, mechanical, electronic, automation and/or chemical discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in industry, preferably in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, blue chip or relevant GMP manufacturing environment.
- Experienced with Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and Vision Systems in the manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in PLC logic and programming in one or more of the following; Allen Bradley (Logix 5000), Siemens (Step 7), Elau, Bosch, Omron, Modicon, GE Fanuc, B&R, Mitsubishi
- HMI or SCADA programming and configuration of the following software packages Wonderware, InTouch, RS View, Siemens, Labview, GE Cimplicity
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility for travel
This company offers employees extensive opportunities for professional and personal development and these include:
- Career growth: Through a clear Career Development Programme for all staff.
- Technical development: The opportunity to work on highly technical projects with an excellent client base.
- Comprehensive benefits package: An excellent benefits package tailored to the specific needs of staff.
- Lifelong learning: Staff are encouraged to avail of additional training & development through in-house training and there is also a support programme available to employees completing additional training or educational courses.
- Travel opportunities: The diverse range of projects you could work with means there are travel opportunities available for employees not only within Ireland and the UK but internationally.
Apply now by clicking the link below and attaching your CV
Please note that all enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.